Yearly Regular Season Events
To honour the memory of one of our long time members, Gerry Fournier, who passed away last December (2015) and to help your Club raise funds to help financially, we are organizing a fund raising curling event open to all Glenmore curling members (Daytime and Nighttime).
The format will be a Skins Competition to be held on Saturday, November 11th, 2017. Our goal is to raise $2,000 from this event, based on a 96 curler sign-up (24 teams). A committee will make-up the teams using a combination of Day and Nighttime Curlers on each team. There will be 3 draws, the first starting at 9:00 AM., the second starting at 12:00 PM., and the third starting at 3:00 PM. The cost of this event is $30 per curler and will include 3 half and half tickets and a pizza & spaghetti meal at 6:00 PM.
There will be one winning team per round (3 rounds), each team receiving $200 cash. Snacks will be served to the curlers after their game.
– Grand Match (Men) – The participation requirement is that each club must register a minimum of 2 teams per ice sheet of the club (to a maximum of 4 sheets). Extra teams will be counted for bonus participation points.
– Grande Dame (Women) – The participation requirement is that each club must register a minimum of 2 teams per club. Extra teams will be counted for bonus participation points.
The games are full 10-ends each. Brooms are stacked after 5 ends. An ideal way to introduce new curlers to competition in a friendly atmosphere!
Register on the sign-up board at Glenmore by November 5th, 2017. The games will be played at ARCM member clubs.
Date: December 16, 2017
This bonspiel is organized by the past president, Bernard Castellon.
Dates: January 26-27, 2018
Organizer: Stan Fong
Dates: February 17-18 and 24-25, 2018
Organizers: Keith Davidson and Michel Gosselin
Auction: March 2, 2018
Dates: March 5-8, 2018
Organizers: Jennifer Delloye, Nathalie Nguyen and Benoit Forget
Sign-up and Teams
- Each member must sign up individually for this event. Open to Glenmore members only.
- Players will be ranked by a committee. Since an equal number of individuals are required for each position, players will be ranked accordingly.
- The teams will be drawn at random. (One player from each position will be randomly drawn).
- The roster of teams will be posted at the club and on the web site at least 24 hours before the auction.
- The club entry fee for this event is $30.
- The deadline for signing up is the Monday before the auction.
- On auction night, teams are put up for sale to the highest individual bidder or syndicate.
- Money collected becomes part of the Owners’ Pool.
- 10% goes to the club and 90% towards the Owners’ Pool.
- Out of this 90%:
Winner of “A” – 35% Runner-up of “A” – 15% Winner of “B” – 15% Runner-up of “B” – 7.5% Winner of “C” – 15% Runner-up of “C” – 7.5% Winner of “D” – 5%
- Out of this 90%:
- Players usually buy back 40% of their team’s selling price from their owner (10% per player).
- Of the $30 entry fee for the event, $10 goes to the Players’ Pool, and the remainder towards dinner, snacks and entertainment.
- Of the Players’ Pool, 10% goes to the club and the remaining 90% goes to the players, split in the same way as the Owners’ Pool
- After the auction, you will be able to purchase WIN tickets on the team you think will win the Calcutta.
- You can also purchase SHOW tickets. To win, you must pick the “A” winner, “A” runner-up, “B” runner-up or “C” winner.
- WIN tickets cost $5 each, and SHOW tickets are $2 each. They will be available up until the first stone of the event is delivered.
- Before every game during the spiel, you will be able to purchase EXACTA tickets for $2 each. In order to win, you must pick all of the winning teams for one specific draw. Details will be available before every draw, therefore you should come to your games early.
- At the end of the auction, a draw will take place to determine when each team and their opponents will play their first games.
Date: April 7, 2018
Organizer: Stan Fong
Dates: March 28 to April 1, 2018
Organizer: Alanna Routledge
Dates: April 9-14,2018
Organizers: Jennifer Delloye and Jill Routledge